Men of Impact
Men of IMPACT is a discipleship training ministry for the men of The Crossing. This course provides an opportunity for men to develop the heart, knowledge, and habits to become lifelong disciples and disciple-makers for Christ. This is accomplished by God’s grace working through three critical pursuits:
- Knowing Christ Deeply
- Reflecting Christ Authentically
- Sharing Christ Intentionally
IMPACT is defined as “to have an effect, the power to move feelings, to influence thinking.”
I.M.P.A.C.T. is an acronym for “Intentional Men Pursuing A Christlike Transformation.” This is based on the following values:
- INTENTIONAL—We believe every man is responsible for his own spiritual growth. We cannot make this spiritual journey on our own but no one can make it for us. Each of us must initiate the steps to maturity and stay the course.
- MEN—This refers not just to a male, or how the world defines a man. We endeavor to be men as God defines and Christ demonstrated manhood.
- PURSUING—We believe we must strive for the goal of Christlikeness with perseverance and persistence, fixing our eyes on the finish line.
- CHRISTLIKE—We believe that a maturing Christian should continue to be transformed by God, through the word of God, the Holy Spirit, and men of a like mind and heart, to more clearly radiate Christ and reproduce disciples.
- TRANSFORMATION—We believe the measure of maturity is an ever-increasing transformation from the inside out. Behavior is changed by changing the heart. This change occurs in an environment of grace and truth by applying the word of God to our whole lives, at home, work and in the culture.
This course covers a span of two years, divided into fall, winter, spring, and summer sessions. In the first year, you’ll grow in your understanding of what it means to be an authentic man, develop a consistent time in God’s word, and learn how to apply God’s truth to your life. You’ll also meet weekly with a group of 3-5 other men for encouragement, accountability and prayer, fostering deep and lasting relationships over time.
During the second year, you’ll focus on outreach even as you continue practicing the skills learned in the first year. You’ll become more confident sharing your faith in a relational manner. There will also be instruction and workshops to help you learn God’s purpose for your life, develop your own personal testimony, and determine how you may best serve in the kingdom of God.
For more information contact Bill Penkethman at firstname.lastname@example.org