We believe kids develop a lifetime relationship with Jesus through…
1. Partnering with Families
- The church must partner with families, because God intends kids to learn in context of family relationships.
- Two combined influences make a greater impact than two separate influences.
2. Targeting the Heart
- God’s word teaches that behavior is rooted in the heart. Therefore, we want children to have a heart to follow God, not just go through outward motions.
- Teaching must focus on cultivating a heart that loves God and trusts His promises above all else, rather than just seeking to change behavior.
3. God-centered, Grace-centered Teaching
- Teaching must be centered on God’s word.
- Teaching must focus on the gospel of God’s grace as the primary motivation for obeying Christ.
- Teaching must be application-oriented, rather than just imparting knowledge.
4. Relationships with Others
- Relationships with others in the church are an essential component for spiritual growth.
- Learning and relationships should always be in a safe, caring and comfortable environment for children.
- We must teach children that everything we have is given to us from God and should be used to bring Him glory.
- We must provide opportunities for children to express their faith through serving, giving, and reaching out to others both inside and outside the church.
6. Kid-Relevant Teaching and Programs
- Teaching must be appropriate to a child’s physical, social, cognitive, and spiritual development.
- Different children have different learning styles, so we must teach in a variety of creative ways.
- We must seek to understand a child’s cultural influences and relate to that culture, while never compromising biblical truth.
- Our standards must meet the level of quality and excellence expected by those outside the church.